Our hearts and prayers are with everyone who has been affected by Hurricane Sandy.
We want you to know that Douglas Elliman Real Estate is standing with you, and is here to help throughout the tough recovery ahead.
If you need any assistance during these difficult times or have concerns about how the storm may affect buying or selling your home, we are here for you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-ELLIMAN.
Our spirit is strong and we know that it is times like these that bring us all together.
Below is a list of resources for those in need, or those looking to get involved with relief efforts. Be safe and be strong.
Emergency Contact Information:
- FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency): 800.621.3362
- FEMA Connecticut: 860.256.0800
- FEMA New Jersey: 609.963.6900
- NYS Office of Emergency Management: 518.292.2200
- Nassau County-Office of Emergency Management: 516.573.0636
- Suffolk County-Office of Emergency Management: 631.852.4900
- Nassau EOC (Economic Opportunity Council): 516.292.9710
- Suffolk EOC (Economic Opportunity Council): 631.852.4900
- American Red Cross (Greater New York Region): 877.733.2767
- American Red Cross (Long Island): 631.924.6911
- Salvation Army-Nassau County: 516.485.4900
- NY State Hotline Regarding Hurricane Sandy: 888.769.7243
- The Holland Tunnel is now open with access for buses and emergency vehicles
- The pumping of the Battery Tunnel is slated to be completed today, November 2nd.
- The Staten Island Ferry is now running with service on the half hour.
- The HOV restrictions into Manhattan will end at 5pm today, November 2nd.
- Public Adjuster for Insurance Claims
- Removal and Restoration Company
- Messenger Delivery Service (they will be donating 10% of their profits over the next 30 days to City Harvest)
- List of open gas stations in New Jersey (please note that in an effort to conserve the limited gas supply, Governor Christie has ordered that drivers whose license plates end in even numbers will only be allowed to buy gas on even-numbered dates, and drivers whose license plates end in odd numbers will only be allowed to buy gas on odd-numbered dates)
Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund:
The Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City has set up a donation page for those individuals who would like to get involved with the relief efforts from Hurricane Sandy. One hundred percent of donations will be dispersed directly to relief efforts and organizations.
For any further information please call 212-788-7794.
Emergency Work Permits for Boilers
DEP has set up an expedited process for homeowners and businesses to get temporary permits for boilers from DEP. The new process is explained here.
NYC Food and Water Distribution
New York City has set up some food and water distribution areas for residents who have been without power. For a list of the locations, please visit http://www.nyc.gov/html/misc/html/2012/foodandwater.html.
Dry Ice Supplies:
Con Edison will be distributing dry ice at the following locations until supplies run out. Personnel will also be available to answer questions.
Brooklyn: Walgreen’s 532 Neptune Ave (between W. 5th & 6th Streets)
Bronx: 1846 Radcliff Avenue (Between Morris Park Avenue & Rhinelander Avenue)
Queens: Francis Lewis Playground PS130 (at Francis Lewis Blvd & 42 Avenue
Staten Island: Entrance to Great Kills Park on Buffalo Street
Manhattan: 14th Street and Union Square West (South Side)