Relocating abroad and need to rent out my apartment

Q: I am the owner of a condo in Midtown Manhattan. I am shortly relocating abroad for a few years and need to rent out my apartment. How do I go about doing this?

A: Condos in Midtown Manhattan are in great demand. If you plan to do the leasing on your own, you should request the Leasing Package Requirements from your building’s Managing Agent. Check to see if there are any special House Rules for Renters and what fees are involved. Alternatively, hiring a Real Estate Professional may prove to be more expeditious. Your Broker should be well acquainted with your condo and can help you procure a credit worthy and otherwise qualified tenant in a timely fashion. If you need our help in finding a Midtown Rental Specialist, we can assist you.

Filed Under: Relocation, Renting